Senior Web Producer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, a worldwide leader in real-life entertainment and international sports, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The platform will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments, anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.
The PGA TOUR’s 12-year partnership with Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.
About The Role
Discovery/GOLFTV is seeking a Senior Web Producer with excellent interpersonal skills to manage, edit, prepare and publish a constant stream of content to the company’s new global golf-media platform. As a valued member of our team, you will work on page updates, live and VOD content management, headline and caption writing, site maintenance and site quality assurance. Past experience with production of digital golf content and website content management is a must; a golf-journalism background is a plus.
Applicants should have a great understanding of the competitive golf landscape and the language associated with the game. The position is a full-time role in our offices in New York, and requires working some non-traditional hours in accordance with tournament schedules.
1. Work closely with Discovery’s GOLFTV content-operations team as the front-end producer for all live and VOD content on GOLFTV’s digital and app platforms
2. Determine best editorial practices and manage a growing team of international digital producers for the non-English versions of the GOLFTV platforms
3. Identify, caption, write headlines for and publish each new piece of content that comes in from several live feeds around the world
4. On non-tournament days, produce and publish VOD, copy- and photo-driven features, highlights and slideshows
5. Produce and manage pop-up notifications and mobile-first content for the GOLFTV app
6. Work with Discovery’s internal research team to conduct regular health checks on current programming and make recommendations on distribution, positioning and creative direction based on the data
7. Make sure the pipeline of new content is well maintained, and that archival content is effectively resurfaced
* Minimum 4 years’ experience in editorial digital production within the golf space
* Creative and strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills
* Well-developed understanding of OTT and live-sports-streaming front-end operations
* Golf-consumer mindset and passion for digital media and sport
* Strong management skills
* Strong communication skills, both in-person and digitally.
* Collaborative and possess a high degree of adaptability and flexibility
* Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup-style environment.
* Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced international environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY