Senior Vice President, IT Risk, Governance and Compliance
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/16/2022 1:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Vice President, IT Risk, Governance and Compliance jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Vice President, IT Risk, Governance and Compliance postings
Full Time Job
Position Title: Senior Vice President, IT Risk, ITGC, and eDiscovery Management
Division: Enterprise Technology & Operations
Location: New York or Los Angeles
Department: Global Information and Content Security
Reports to: Global CISO
As Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which WBD is known. ET&O builds, implements, and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering WBD products and content while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable WBD’s growth.
Reporting directly to the Global Chief Information Security Officer, the SVP of IT Risk, IT Governance and Compliance (ITGC) and Digital Forensics/eDiscovery and Information and Content Security end-to-end Program Delivery. The SVP will own and manages developing the information and content IT security governance, IT compliance, IT risk programs, eDiscovery/digital forensics, including developing, implementing, and maintaining an information and content security risk management strategy that informs and facilitates risk-based decisions, and ensuring overall adherence to information security policy and standards.
This role will lead a team of technical security leaders, program managers, engineers, and analysts in support of a 24x7x365 Information and Content Security organization. Responsibilities will include driving and incorporating requirements across global Enterprise, Direct-to-Consumer, business units, business-as-usual delivery on risk assessments, process improvements, merger and acquisitions integrations, program management office, compliance (SOX, PCI, GDPR, etc.), eDiscovery/Digital Forensics mgmt., policies/standards/baselines and exception management, vendor risk management, security metrics, and driving transformational activities underway.
This role requires the ability to understand and address complex information security risk, programs and technical information security issues and their relationship to WBD business plans and objectives. The role will apply global cyber and risk industry best practices to ensure WBD uses information security risk management, including third party information security risk management, to foster business-enabling insights.
• Act as WBD’s global leader on Information and Content Security Risk, Governance, Compliance while providing strategic infosec risk management, eDiscovery insights, direction and requirements to key internal business and technology partners.
• Partner with Procurement and Legal entities involving various aspects of security risk management, vendor security risk assessments, and eDiscovery/Digital Forensics
• Assist in developing Board of Director (BoD) Information communications
• Maintain strong relationships, partnership, execution focus, and mutual support with other corporate/business lines, working to understand business processes, applications, projects, and technologies to ensure information security risk management objectives are delivered, and drive a cohesive view of information security risk throughout WBD.
• Development, oversight, management of security metrics program, involving governance, risk, operational security, etc., metrics across global WBD Develop, manage, and drive positive trending for KRIs and KPIs for BoD and across WBD relevant stakeholders
• Own and manage the program management office and staff.
• Lead development and implementation of formal processes and procedures to support WBD’s information security risk management strategy and advise on activities and financial investment to accomplish strategic objectives.
• Lead and manage IT audit and regulatory (SOX, MPAA, PCI, GDPR, SSAE/SOC1/SOC 2, etc.) readiness, inquiries, and external vendor activities to represent WBD from an information security and technology risk.
• Establish and implement protocols for the eDiscovery lifecycle, include internal standards, and best practices for preservation and collection of electronic evidence.
• Manage and work through litigation matters. regulatory and corporate investigations along side legal and GICS eDiscovery/digital forensics team.
• Create/develop, communicate, manage WBD IT Security Policies, Standards, and baselines and drive compliance across global WBD employee and technologies environments.
• Understand the “voice of the customer” and work with the IT and Business lines to ensure that policies are consistent with business needs and usage while minimizing risk.
• Drive Merger & Acquisition due diligence and integration activities to identify and develop risk mitigation strategies.
• Proactive management and understanding emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and control techniques and communicating this information to leadership
The best candidate for this role will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, such as Business, IT, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
• 10 to 15 years of work experience in complex Information Security, Risk & Compliance Programs
• Minimum 20 years leadership experience
• Able to interact, communicate and partner with C-level executives. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
• Financial management and ROI analytical skills
• Ability to provide vision, strategy, and leadership
• Proven experience to successfully, drive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high-achievers, to meet management and customer expectations.
• Functional knowledge of CISSP security domains, governance frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST, PCI) and information security industry standard and best practices
• Excellent abilities to execution, delivery, and drive results across WBD
• Strong performance management skills, leading, motivating, engaging, and mentoring junior team members
• A proven record of customer-focused supervision of complex projects, integrating and balancing priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex topics in clear, non-technical language; outstanding analytical, writing, and oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive, take ownership of and solve problems, and to deliver work products which are consistent with sound and ethical business practices, and common sense.
• Outstanding strategic planning and management skills, ability to think creatively, and strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
• Active learner-able to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences.
• Experience working in an international business environment, supervising a geographically disperse team.
• Available for global business travel. Ability to manage and work with virtual/in-office teams and through influence.