Senior Software Development Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2020 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Software Development Engineer jobs in Bellevue-WA
Search all Senior Software Development Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Software Development Engineer? We are hiring senior software development engineers to join our team in Seattle. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
1. You are experienced and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers. You make good decisions when to build new and when to extend existing.
2. You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
3. You make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team.
4. You mentor junior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
* Proficient in Java 8, including use of Fugtures and Streams
* Experience with one or more of: PostgreSQL and MySQL, Caching solutions (such as Redis and Guava), Search engine technology (preferably ElasticSearch)
* Knowledge of, and professional experience with most AWS services, and deeper knowledge of EC2, S3, Kinesis, CloudFront and CloudWatch.
* Asynchronous, non-blocking, functional style of programming and experience implementing with frameworks such as Vert.x, Spring, Node.js
* Usage and deep understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bellevue, Washington, WA, Seattle This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.