Senior Rtr Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsWarsaw, MZ
Full Time Job
• Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer focus and escalates exceptions
• Interacts proactively with all functional areas of the GBS WARSAW to ensure appropriate accounting and financial reporting matters is accomplished
• Coordinates with local entities, GBS Warsaw and outsourced activities to provide a seamless service
• Proactively challenges the Status Quo and comes up with making fact based recommendations
• Supports continuous improvements and process changes towards efficient and effective processes
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, including accounting authorities/auditors
• Supports the measurement and delivery of service levels and SLA/KPI targets
• Actively leads and/or performs the period-end closing and reporting in accordance with laws and Discovery required standards
• Leads and manages the balance sheet account reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensures timely resolution and cleans of overdue items identified
• Ensures proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved
• Proactively reviews accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data
• Ensures proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems
• Reviews and/or records requested company cross-charges and manual journal entries including proper documentation
• Ensures all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented
• Ensures compliance with Discovery and regulatory requirements
• Ensures application of agreed Discovery control procedures and actively supports to deliver SOX certification
• Promotes a strong and control environment, follows up on audit issues and implements correcting measures
• Acts service oriented to enable service lines to deliver a high-performing organization and contributes to derive to improvements/standard solutions while cultivating customer service focus culture
• min. 2 years of RTR/GL department is a must
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field (accounting courses will be a plus)
• Very good knowledge of English
• Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the deadlines
• Very good teamwork, skills and positive, proactive attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance
• Good understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP
• Experience with enterprise information systems, SAP a strong plus and preferred.
• Superior ability to organize, analyze and concisely present oral and written communication.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, Excel in particular.
• High integrity individual. Critical thinker and extremely detail oriented.
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy, flexible environment.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
What's in for you?
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization with international exposure and friendly and supportive atmosphere
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours