Senior QA Developer
Discovery CommunicationsMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK.
As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring. For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn’t stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
ABOUT DISCOVERY INDIA:
Discovery India, the country’s leading infotainment player, is dedicated to satisfying curiosity, engaging and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its portfolio of 12 channels including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery HD World, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Kids, Discovery JEET, Animal Planet HD World, TLC HD World, Discovery Tamil and a premium sports channel DSPORT. From survival to natural history, wonders of science to extreme jobs, motoring to travel and lifestyle, and the latest engineering marvels to original content productions to live sporting events, each channel offers distinct must-watch programming to engage viewers across the country.
Discovery Communications India is a division of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific (DNAP).
Discovery’s Guiding Principles are designed to define the distinctive character, spirit and attitude of our organization…and to inspire us as we design our future.
We really want our leaders to model these principles, and to infuse them into everything we do. This really gets to the very core of Discovery – our spirit, our attitudes and aspirations – our ethos. These powerful words and phrases define who we are as a company and we hope our leaders practice every time they are setting goals, making decisions and model the behaviors.
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE:
Discovery India, the country’s largest and most successful real-life entertainment player spanning categories such as Adventure, Travel, Food, Auto, Wildlife launched Discovery Plus, a direct to consumer mobile product that shows all the Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC content among other channels.
In the context of the rapidly evolving media and entertainment sector, the product plays a central role in shaping our advertising and affiliate business going forward.
The app showcases new content from Discovery’s latest acquisition the Scripps Network with channels such as Food Network, HGTV and Travel Channel as well as locally produced original content. The product launched across web and mobile (iOS, Android, PWA) and connected devices and is now available on firestick.
• Review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Translate designs and wireframes into functional test cases
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities based on the sprint plan
• Design, develop and execute test automation scripts using tools like Katalan Studio or Appium or BrowserStack for Android & iOS apps
• Generate and manage test builds for existing and new products
• Perform and coordinate regression testing for each release
• Coordinate and arrange beta testing, pre-launch testing and in-house testing for major releases
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Identify and closely monitor key performance and security metrics for Android and iOS apps
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 4-6 years’ experience in building direct to consumer products of scale (experience in Video/OTT apps will be highly appreciated)
• Hands-on experience in testing native mobile applications and mobility solutions
• Sound understanding of Android and iOS platform
• Should be conversant in a scripting language for writing automated test scripts
• Familiar with Web Service Integration (REST, JSON, XML), OOP, and REST concepts
• Familiarity with automating the generation of Android and iOS build
• Should act as a mentor and guide and coach fellow product engineer
• Self-confident self-starter – proactive in setting and meeting goals, with limited supervision
• Clear and contagious passion for product and consumer needs
• Proven track record of working on successful mobile products
• High energy and positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills