Senior Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
We are searching for a innovative and enigmatic, customer focussed Senior Product Manager to join our team to develop Dplay, our flagship based SVOD product with a presence across EMEA & APAC. Our new team member will have an addiction to Lean and Kanban with a strong mindset and a dogmatic and pragmatic approach to shortering the feedback loop and delivering with speed and quality.
• Lead a mission based squad with a focus some specific outcomes
• Lead cross functional technical product development
• Manage product roadmap for one or more work streams
• Work with CX, UX and Product Designers
• Lead a digital product team to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture.
• Manage product and customer experience roadmap whilst getting internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
• Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
• Prioritise and effectively manage development time to maximize return on investment.
• Ensure complex business needs are documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products.
• Continually assess trends, competitive landscape and customer behaviour to inform your backlog.
• Provide strong team leadership.
• Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilising standardised product development processes.
• Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products.
• Interface with international stakeholders and be able to travel, sometimes at short notice
• Proven experience in product development & technology, particularly as it relates to your product
• Track record of developing market leading products, preferably in the video space.
• Demonstrable experience of web, mobile/tablet or OTT product development.
• An eye for great product design, and a commercial approach to product development.
• Customer focussed with a real passion for creating best in class customer experiences and the ability to put the customer at the heart of the product
• Experience of using analytical tools to increase traffic to digital properties.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audiences.
• Excellent decision making and judgment.
• Experience of stakeholder management.
• Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line overall development strategy and process.
• Able to demonstrate experience of some or all of the following domain areas:
- Customer-facing tools and services, including account management, FAQs, and self-help customer care systems.
- Billing and payment services.
- Single-sign on and Identity Management tools.
- Use of email and notifications for direct customer communications.
- UX feedback loop and user testing
- Analysing user trends
- New platform launches