Senior Product Manager- Food
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a Senior Product Manager, Food, you will be responsible for creating and delivering best-in-class experiences in the digital food category. You’ll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business. You’ll thrive making decisions for a new product with a brand that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you will succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking, and data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become expert on our customers and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating your vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Discover how our food related products can best serve customers daily food needs based on a deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
2. Manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
3. Own the food related product roadmap a, collaborating with designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
4. Lead the full product lifecycle — from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery —collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Communicate a clear set of food-related consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization
As the ideal candidate, you’re a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you’re open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
* 5 years’ experience in digital product management
* Experience in digital media, ideally food-related digital media
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
* 2 years’ experience with Agile methodologies
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners
* Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
* Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Sr. Product Manager in New York, NY or Silver Spring, MD to join our team to build new products across Discovery’s well-loved food brands.