Senior Manager- Technical Accounting
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting will be a part of the team responsible for the analysis, diagnosis and documentation of complex accounting issues impacting the Company both domestically and internationally and related policies. This individual should be comfortable working directly with senior management of the company as well as the external auditors.
1. Assess, conclude on, and document accounting treatment for proposed international and domestic transactions and new contractual arrangements
2. Act as an accounting subject matter expert for various non-standard accounting topics
3. Take on a proactive role in accounting and accounting-related projects (e.g. implementation of new accounting standards, business and M&A projects)
4. Assist with the development and documentation of the company’s global accounting policies
5. Advise, guide and monitor peers as it relates to compliant accounting behavior
6. Create presentations for senior management
7. Work directly with the external auditors on the annual audit and quarterly reviews
8. Coordinate work activities with other company leaders around the world
9. Accountable for the performance of a team, sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
10. Other duties and responsibilities as needed
* BS in Accounting from an accredited institution
* Minimum of 7 years of experience and a strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), IFRS, and SOX requirements
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role
* CPA required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Big 4 public accounting background
* Experience in financial reporting and/or technical accounting of an SEC registrant
* Experience working directly with external auditors to resolve complex accounting and reporting issues
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Knoxville, KNX, Tennessee, TN, KNOX
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.