Senior Manager - People & Culture Ops
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2019 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Senior Manager - People & Culture Ops jobs in Knoxville-TN
Search all Senior Manager - People & Culture Ops postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager - People & Culture Ops? Discovery has undertaken a major initiative to transform our People & Culture (P&C) function including the development of new shared Global Services centers and implementation of technologies including SAP SuccessFactors and ServiceNow that will deliver a digitally enabled P&C workplace.
This will allow for dynamic decision making, global streamlined and automated processes, a digitally-native global mindset, all while providing the right structure and tools to manage people and business growth.
The Sr. Manager, P&C Operations role will be responsible for the day to day management and leadership of our P&C Services team based in Knoxville. The role will also be responsible for delivering our transformational agenda and will be required to participate in a number of design workshops to ensure our operational model and technology design will enable our Global Services team to deliver the desired level of experience to our employees.
This role may require some travel, including international, during the design phase (approx. 25% FTE).
1. Responsible for overseeing the operations of the US P&C Services team supporting the Americas, providing management and leadership direction to the team (20 FTE, including supervisors and leads),
2. Accountable for the overall management of the supply and demand of Global Services team resources to support on wider P&C initiatives, as requested by People & Culture Leadership
3. Manage relationships with key stakeholders, to ensure seamless provision of appropriate quality advisory and transactional services and alignment with the wider People & Culture function
4. Responsible for partnering with Sr. Manager, P&C Operations in Warsaw to provide input for the design of the Service Delivery blueprint, which includes design of the service delivery model and service management framework, implementation of all tools, culture, working practices, capability development and continuous improvement approach into the service center teams
5. Responsible for partnering with Sr. Manager, P&C Operations in Warsaw to provide input and oversee the design of the service delivery model including documentation of the end-to-end P&C Global Services delivery for supporting P&C processes via a Service Catalogue; to support definition of the process and service scope
6. Provide input to the contact strategy and enabling technology requirements for the P&C Global Services team, ensuring the ServiceNow technology and other enabling technologies are appropriately designed and utilised
7. Review and sign off on the process documentation and technical design documentation to confirm understanding and assure quality of the P&C solution which will transition into the P&C Global Services team
8. Support in execution of User Acceptance Testing for P&C Global Services to ensure processes are robust and complete
9. Input to audit, risk and controls, compliance management and reporting requirements
10. Responsible for identifying reports required to determine service performance and responsible for analysing for service improvement opportunities and other wider continuous improvement opportunities
11. Propose new initiatives to stakeholders across the P&C team, advise and recommend best practice
12. Manage service improvement projects and initiatives, working closely with Integrated Change Lead and other key stakeholders within P&C, Global Technology & Operations and the wider Discovery business
13. Continuously review performance levels to support the identification and execution of continuous improvements to ensure effective service delivery, as well as against performance standards, employee feedback and KPIs
14. Promote the training, personal growth, professional development, career progression and teamwork of the P&C Global Services team
* In depth operational focus and subject matter expertise in HR shared services, with 5 years experience in HR shared services environment
* Bachelor’s Degree in HR / business / or related field; or equivalent work experience
* Understanding of global HR processes and service centre/service delivery is essential, with extensive experience in customer service delivery, recruitment support management and US compensation and benefits administration
* Excellent customer service experience and behaviour management within a team
* Experience in working on a complex change or transformation project
* A track record of building, maintaining and managing strong relationships and stakeholder groups
* Highly motivated and self-starter, with high level of energy and pro-active approach to work
* Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively to target audiences
* Ability to drive design decisions and business outcomes using informed recommendations, whilst able to manage conflicts and differences in opinions
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines on multiple projects or tasks concurrently
* Proactive in seeking information, challenging norms and driving efficiency
* Working with a global consumer base and different cultures
* Able to work comfortably on a global scale with a large team
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.