Senior Manager Own ASM
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manage the development and fulfillment of all solutions, sponsorships and Value-Earned Marketing opportunities for the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Execute customized elements for Ad Sales deals. This requires the ability to authentically represent the OWN brand, audience and programming when working with advertising clients, agencies and partners.
1. Work with sales teams to understand client business and develop strategic RFP responses that meet their objectives.
a. Lead and coordinate internal planning, brainstorming discussions and activation calls in response to RFPs
b. Compose concise, accurate and creative RFP responses that meet client’s KPIs across platforms.
2. Lead the execution of integrated sponsorships
a. Works with OWN marketing and Brand team on all concepts, approvals and executions.
b. Work with internal agencies to create and manage content productions and timelines.
c. Lead pre- and post- sales process for all client programs from ideation through measurement.
d. Execute client activations at sponsored events.
3. Build and maintain relationships across departments (sales, editorial, production, research, pricing and programming) to develop integrated content and marketing solutions for advertising partners on time and on budget.
4. Represent the OWN brand and audience with Ad Sales in external meetings with high-level clients and their agencies.
5. Work with Discovery digital sales team to identify and execute multi-platform sponsorships and digital content extensions.
6. Manage production budget for costs related to all custom marketing elements tied to advertiser deals.
7. Manage team updates and budget tracking on a monthly basis
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills, training and/or experience required.
* 7-10 years of integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, client-side marketing). Experience in TV/Cable and/or digital ad sales marketing a plus.
* On-site experience managing branded entertainment or commercial shoots
* Experience working in digital/social marketing, including creating, packaging and executing multi-platform marketing campaigns.
* Experience working across teams in a matrixed organization and managing projects across teams and outside vendors/partners.
* Experience processing and responding to client RFPs.
* Candidate must possess maturity, professionalism and poise, and have proven experience interacting with top-level, business executives, as the position requires direct contact with senior Ad Sales management, clients and talent, and is a brand representative in the marketplace.
* Successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to work independently, possess initiative and have proven outstanding project management skills (must be proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint).
* Travel throughout the year to attend shoots, client meetings and other necessary ad sales events
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY