Senior Graphic Designer
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
This role requires a talented, highly creative and original designer brimming with ideas for a full-service in-house creative and production team. While grounded in design must be able to concept how ideas can work in all mediums knowing that successful marketing is holistic and must be consistent across all media.
Work will include marketing/advertising campaigns and collateral pieces; print, digital and television branding efforts; occasional event, industrial, presentation and web design and corporate identity as well as various other formats to support and promote Discovery, Inc.
Ideal candidate can communicate their ideas and present them with flare; relishes selling in ideas to clients and peers and can take and interpret constructive changes and critiques with ease.
1. Concept and execute advertising/promotion campaigns across all media.
2. Responsibilities include meeting, presenting and selling concepts through to Internal Group, Creative Director/ Copywriter/ and internal and external constituencies.
3. Serve as key creative voice in concepting and executing designs for efforts focused on multiple audiences – B-to-B; B-to-C; Social media; Affinity groups; Internal groups and more.
4. Work closely with colleagues in multiple offices spread throughout the U.S. and internationally.
5. Ensuring quality, and timely delivery of projects within budget and on strategy.
6. Coordinate and manage the release of appropriate files, occasionally initiate and organize photo-shoots, select and assign illustration, follow-through and management of projects from conception to completion.
7. Administrative duties include accurate accounting through documentation and monitoring of time spent on projects. Proper and timely preparation of photo-rights. Accuracy and follow-through on all departmental procedures.
8. Keeping up to date with latest trends in international advertising, and marketing.
* 3-8 years advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above.
* Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree in advertising/design/communications or art
* Well versed in Macintosh applications including InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop, HTML, and web standards
* Knowledge of prepress needed.
* Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential.
* Must be a team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline situations.
* Entertainment print/online background a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD