Senior FPA Analyst Digital Consolidation
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior FP&A Analyst Digital Consolidation for Discovery Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) will support the global DTC business in financial reporting and strategy formulation, working for a team reporting to the CFO of Global Digital DTC.
The Discovery DTC portfolio includes a number of businesses that focus on key consumer passion groups, including Discovery’s Go TV Everywhere product, Motortrend, Eurosport Player, Dplay, Discovery Golf/PGA Tour business, the Global Cycling Network and others.
The DTC business is constantly growing, and the position will lead the financial reporting and planning, as well as support the strategy of the business by identifying and researching growth opportunities. The role will be based in NYC and may require occasional travel.
1. Primary contact for CFO, Corporate FP&A, Regional FP&A, and Finance Systems
2. Lead the monthly finance consolidation process including delivery of monthly forecast & monthly close reporting, ensuring accuracy of forecast and insightful commentary
3. Facilitate annual budgeting, and long-range plan processes
4. Work with CXO (systems) team to build more robust reports and functionality in CXO that will facilitate streamlined reporting for digital FP&A users.
5. Support Digital CFO with presentations & ad hock requests including board, round table, SMT/ RMT decks
6. Building business models and new initiative presentations on an as needed basis
7. Support Digital CFO with strategy research, including competitive landscape research, strategy formulation and ad-hoc research focused on M&A and launching of new products and offerings
* Must have strong EPM (BPC) SAP skills
* Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving, often uncertain, business goals
* Ability to manage a team of 2-3 analysts
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
* Proficient knowledge of media business
* Experience with subscription/advertising-based business models, especially in media, is preferred
* 3 years in operational FP&A/ Corporate Finance/ Business Development
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics
* MBA preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY