Senior FP&A Analyst - Digital
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, Food Network Kitchen, MotorTrend and GolfTV, is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Direct to Consumer Financial Planning & Analysis team.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the VP, Digital Finance and support the VP with management of the FP&A function for the US Digital team. The successful candidate will be able to apply critical thinking skills and financial concepts to modeling, reporting, analysis, planning and strategy.
1. Oversee the monthly close process for all related departments, including review of accruals, proper adherence to accounting policies and preparation of journal entries.
2. Prepare monthly financial reports and related business summaries. Drive communication about business goals and results.
3. Help analyze and document expenditure trends and variances across all Digital between periods and against budget. Have a holistic view of business risks/opportunities and financial impact.
4. Support the monthly forecast, annual budget and long-range planning processes for the Digital team.
5. Drive relationships with key partners across various teams that this role will support.
6. Introduce process improvements and implement financial best practices.
7. Support Digital Production Management, providing accurate and detailed digital content reporting.
8. Consult on special projects requiring financial input and guidance as requested.
9. Prepare ad hoc reporting and presentations as needed for Senior Management.
* A combination of education, training, skills and experience in areas related to finance and accounting, ideally in a fast paced digital or direct to consumer environment
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or 3 years of relevant experience with CPA / MBA.
* Advanced excel modeling skills in manipulating and analyzing data (including Power Pivot, Power Query, macros, other advanced functions such as Index - Match).
* Ability to communicate and build relationships with all functional areas of the organization.
* Ability to handle multiple fast moving projects simultaneously, work independently, and a strong attention to detail a must.
* Self-starter with willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel (including macros, pivot tables, other advanced functions), PPT and Word.
* Preferred experience with BPC, EPM, SAP.
* Experience with DAX, MDX, SQL a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/
Knoxville, KNOX, Tennessee, TN, KNX