Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Essential member of the US Networks FP&A team supporting Discovery, Science Channel & Animal Planet. Reporting to the Vice President, FP&A, this role serves as the key liaison between the Network Partners and Finance in meeting the financial objectives for the Networks. This role is primarily focused on setting annual budgets, leading monthly close & forecasting processes, and summarizing financial results and key metrics for the Network Management Teams. This role also has additional opportunities to analyze business through content ROI and additional projects aimed at monitoring key drivers of network spend.
1. Develop strong working relationship with Network Budget Partners and work closely with them to forecast operating expenses.
2. Summarize monthly financial results & key metrics; create the monthly management and reporting decks Network Management Teams and Finance Management Team.
3. Own the month-end close process by analyzing variances to forecast/plan, prior year & suggesting accruals/reclasses.
4. Support FP&A team in the annual budget process by working closely with department heads to prepare a “bottom-up” budget that aligns with the “top-down” strategic plan.
5. Identify opportunities for process improvement, forecasting accuracy and implement
6. Create financial reporting that is accurate and easy to understand for Network Partners & Management Team.
7. Partner closely with Content Analysts and other Divisional Finance teams to provide full network financial picture.
* Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
* MBA with concentration in Finance Management beneficial
* 2-3 years of experience in Finance
* Solid financial and analytical skills including experience creating financial models and efficiently communicate results
* Time management and prioritization to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines
* Advanced Microsoft skills, Excel and Powerpoint specifically
* Ability to work in a matrix organization
* Strong relationship management with a results-driven approach
* Demonstrated self-starter, high integrity, team player
* Strong organizational, communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experience with SAP, EPM/BPC, Business Intelligence preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA