Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent on a student’s location and are committed to partnering with ministries of education, school organizations, and like-minded corporations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Our team is collaborative and mission-driven, continuously looking for innovative ways to enhance our services and expand our positive impact on the education universe. We offer the unique combination of being a recognized industry leader with global reach along with the excitement of operating as an entrepreneurial start-up focused on innovation and growth. If you are looking to work in a creative and fast-paced environment with talented and passionate people committed to changing the world through education, now is the time to join the Discovery Education team!
The Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) plays an integral role in implementing effective finance and budget strategies across the organization. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the monthly analysis of the company’s financial results, work with the financial models that generates budgets and long-range plans, and is responsible for the business planning and analytical support behind the sales and operations of the company.
The ideal person for this role has strong organizational skills, is extremely detail-oriented, and takes full ownership over the delivery of a consistently superior work product. He/she has clear verbal and written communication skills, is quick-thinking, adaptable to change, and values working together as one team. Working proactively, independently and reliably in a fast-paced environment, this individual will work directly with business leaders understand their results and manage their budgets.
1. Prepare accurate financial reports and analysis to support presentations to the Board and other outside stakeholders.
2. Provide strategic connection between finance and business units to drive intelligent business decisions around hiring and significant spending initiatives.
3. Drive business goals, supporting cost optimization initiatives, working capital management and return on capital by ensuring they are adequately measured, managed and reported.
4. Prepare detailed analyses and presentations on various financial and strategic issues.
5. Conduct analysis to understand major variances between actual and plan.
* Approximately 3-4 years of financial planning experience, experience working with private equity a plus.
* Innovative thinking with a desire to improve processes by leveraging technology to drive efficiencies.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Relevant undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting required; an MBA or equivalent, CFA, or CPA a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC, Silver Spring, MD, Maryland