Senior Financial Analyst, DGE
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, and long-range financial plans for Discovery Global Enterprises (DGE). Primary support would be for US Consumer Products, Global Digital Licensing, and Location Based Entertainment.
1. Manage monthly cost reporting and variance analysis of business unit discretionary budgets and meet monthly with budget managers to review forecasts and other issues.
2. Work with functional finance teams and global resources to complete monthly reporting and analysis, monitoring financial performance against the plan, informing Director/leadership of any issues that could impact operating results.
Business Planning, Forecasting & Analysis
1. Support annual budgeting processes including alignment of detailed build-up and calculation of key metrics.
2. Prepare monthly forecast of revenue and expenses to predict operating results.
3. Update and enhance revenue pipelines, including US Consumer Products, Digital Licensing, and Location Based Entertainment.
4. Support International Finance Manager for the enhancement of consolidated management reports and other ad hoc projects.
Financial & Operational Control
1. Work with Accounting for to review royalties for each relevant area of the business, noting variances to forecasts.
2. Partner with Legal team regarding contractual concerns with revenue recognition and other financial implications.
3. Establish strong relationships with the business managers, anticipating key issues and informational needs and always being prepared to support analyses that enable business decision-making.
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required.
* Advanced degree (MBA, MS in Accounting/Finance) preferred.
* Minimum four years of experience in finance, including financial planning and analysis; preferably in a global setting.
* Strong understanding of accounting principles.
* Familiar with end-to-end budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting processes.
* Experience with financial planning software and general ledger systems; SAP and EPM/OLAP software preferred.
* High integrity individual with strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
* Extremely results-oriented, with ability to identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutions.
* Desire and ability to work with internal and external constituencies and provide excellent customer service.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
New York City, New York, NYC, NY