Senior Director, Marketing and Communications Procurement
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2022 12:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Marketing and Communications Procurement jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, Marketing and Communications Procurement postings
Full Time Job
The Warner Bros Discovery (WBD) Senior Director for Marketing and Communications Procurement leads a team focused on delivering category strategies and associated initiatives for marketing and communications subcategories for the company. They are a subject matter expert in the strategic sourcing of marketing services with prior experience in the procurement of advertising/creative, social, PR/communications, and/or related spend categories. They proactively partner with both Marketing and Communications business stakeholders (executive level, manager, and brand level) to develop category strategies, lead sourcing projects, enable scope definition and demand management, manage agency and supplier performance and guide innovation activities. Marketing & Communications represents a sizeable third party spend for the company and contributes to business success and revenue growth. The Senior Director for Marketing & Communications Procurement will report to the Head of Marketing Procurement.
Location(s): Flexible to be in New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; Silver Spring, MD
What you will be doing: The Senior Director for Marketing and Communications Procurement will be responsible for
• Driving the creation of mid-to long range sourcing strategic plans that link to company-wide vision, consider global versus regional versus local approaches, and prioritizes efforts for maximum contribution for achieve best total value for business units and key markets.
• Leading change and value creation via a diverse pool of talent, enabling the team to deliver impactful results
• Supporting and nurturing the organization with an eye towards ongoing professional development & skills/capabilities building.
• Stakeholder Engagement:
• Collaborating closely with key internal business partners for alignment of business priorities across multiple sourcing categories on behalf of the global sourcing team.
• Providing internal sourcing expertise to senior management in the practice of strategic sourcing, best practices, and external marketplace or innovative trends.
• Building trusting, effective relationships to enable fast alignment and deployment of priorities.
• Category Management:
• Guiding global category strategy creation and execution for Marketing and Communications spend areas, aligning cross-divisional and cross-geography requirements against clear and measurable goals.
• Driving the delivery of category value creation targets through collaboration and engagement with business stakeholders.
• Guiding and coaching others to execute against category strategy with full understanding of potential shortfalls and risk mitigation plans.
• Supplier Selection/ Management
• Overseeing global or multi-national supplier industry analysis when constructing global sourcing strategies.
• Steering agency/supplier relationship management programs to capture sustained competitive advantage for WBD.
• Partnering with Supplier Diversity efforts to creatively include diverse agencies and suppliers in selection processes and grow existing diversity spend.
• Negotiations, Contract Creation and Management
• Both steering and assisting team in producing multi-pronged negotiation strategies, contract analyses, and sourcing communications and meetings.
• Viewing new and existing opportunities from different angles to identify fresh and original ways of tapping those opportunities to get maximum return.
• Sourcing-driven Project Management
• Identifying and implementing large scale, complex projects across business units and geographies, including those that may involve outsourcing analysis and total cost of ownership considerations.
• Accelerating the sourcing solutions process across the team
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Curious, passionate, self-starter with strong business partnering orientation and the highest integrity and work ethics.
• Eagerness to and experienced in cultivating diverse, talented teams.
• Understanding of the agency/supplier landscape across major categories of marketing related spend.
• Willingness to bring thought leadership, a creative mindset, and a fresh perspective on new ways to approach existing problems
• Ability to function effectively in a matrixed organization
• Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including formation of negotiating strategies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into concise and clear recommendation
• High level of organization skills and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in common enterprise work and collaboration tools
What you need to have:
• 8 years strategy, operations, and sourcing experience in a sophisticated sourcing environment with demonstrated people management experience.
• Solid experience and highly refined subject matter expertise in marketing related categories.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Business or Technical degree is preferred.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
• Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry or an adjacent industry (e.g., CPG, Food & Beverage, Agency) is preferred.
• Advanced degree and/or Professional accreditation in sourcing / procurement is a plus.