Senior Director Insights & Decisioning
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Eurosport Digital are excited to be recruiting for the Senior Director of Data Analytics and Insight. This is a newly created role within Europe’s fastest growing digital sports platform which encompasses subscription and ad-funded businesses. Reporting to the VP Marketing, the Sr Director of Data Analytics and Insight will work closely with a number of stakeholders (Marketing, Product, UX, Editorial, Tech, Business Development) to help drive the next stage of profitable growth across the business.
The successful candidate will marry a detailed understanding of the data and our business drivers to objectively help the business make the right decisions and improvements. As the leader of the analytics and insight team, you will bring a strong understanding of subscription-based business models and proficiency across data tools and sources, you will thrive on solving highly analytical problems, turning data into actionable insights and developing a team of high performers. You will be proficient in balancing insights from data and pragmatically get things done. Furthermore, you will thrive at building relationships and be able to interact with and create impact on all levels of the business.
• Team Management - Build & manage a world class analytics team
• Create - Create an infrastructure that enables deep analysis of user and subscriber behaviour, scientific experimentation, and targeted promotions
• Customer & content insights - to understand user behaviour and feedback learnings to the content & product teams to help define priorities.
• Stakeholder Management - Manage relationships with key vendors. Work closely with the Head of Marketing to deliver more efficient, data-led, outcomes by defining, managing and tracking acquisition and retention across all media channels
• Strategy - Provide actionable insights & recommendations for business unit leads and the leadership team on strategy. Measure ongoing business performance and support business cases and help the business understand impacts and make decisions
• Innovation - Implement new data and analytics processes and underlying tracking mechanisms based on key business needs
• Commercial Acumen – Assist in forecasting product and business performance
• Reporting – Develop regular and event based reporting, including using automated tools
• Data Management & Tech – Work with Global technology team who own backend systems
• International – The successful candidate will have a remit across Europe (up to 40 markets)
• Must be conversant with data analysis and the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data including tools like MySQL, Excel, R, and Tableau.
• A strong track record of driving meaningful growth and engagement for direct-to-consumer subscription product and services in an online environment.
• Deep experience working in business-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content. Strong understanding of both subscription- and advertising-based business models.
• Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
• Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscription and advertising business and more effectively communicate with and engage consumers.