Senior Content Financial Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
What You'll Be Doing
• Maintain database containing content metrics and ensure accurate reporting.
• Review all contracts and amendments for budget and rights information.
• Demonstrate and maintain high standards of accountability to deliver superior quality financial information on timely basis to network FP&A.
• Work with network FP&A to evaluate financial impact of potential strategy/programming decisions.
• Prepare cash & expense forecasts for network meetings and month end reporting.
• Reconcile actuals vs prior forecast/budget/prior year and provide variance explanations.
• Review program starts, asset adjustments, and balance sheet recs.
• Prepare Investment Approval/ROI templates.
• Build strong relationships with network programming and network FP&A teams.
• Work with network FP&A to develop and lockdown budget/LRP targets.
• Conduct Ad Hoc analysis as needed.
• Support development of systems, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient and accurate analysis.
• Participate in assigned network meetings such as, but not limited to: Network Cash and/or Programming Financials Review.
What You Need To Have
• 3 years' experience in financial analysis.
• Strong proficiency in excel and other data analysis techniques as well as demonstrated experience in financial modeling.
• Critical thinker and strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings and present optimal solutions.
• Proven ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners.
• Experience working accurately and efficiently with high volumes of data under strict deadlines.
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy environment.
• Strong working knowledge of financial software packages and Microsoft Office suite.
• Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It's a plus if you have…
• Solid understanding of SAP preferred.
• Solid understanding of television and production business preferred.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Discovery, Inc, the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Content Financial Analyst in our Knoxville, Tennessee office. In this role you'll be responsible for working with our TV network counterparts in reporting and forecasting on investment, cash and amortization of content.