Senior Analyst - Financial Compliance
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Senior Analyst, Financial Compliance will report directly to the Senior Manager, Financial Compliance based in Knoxville, TN. This individual will work closely with business operators, including Global Business Services (GBS), the broader Finance community, Internal Audit, and external auditors on various controls and compliance initiatives, as well as business process best-in-class transformation projects. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that there is conformity in internal controls, identifying effective and efficient internal control designs for the business, recommending business process efficiency improvements, and will help realize the internal control transformation efforts.
1. Review processes, controls, data, and reports with respective owners and identify gaps/opportunities for improvement of effectiveness and efficiency, while maintaining proper control compliance
2. Review business processes and identify, assess, design, and assist in documentation (narratives; flowcharts)
3. Coordinate periodic control owner self-assessments
4. Provide advisory services to respective business owners and management with respect to internal controls, including best practices with respect to new business processes and initiatives
5. Deliver SOX and COSO expertise to the organization that address control issues and provide process improvement opportunities
6. Assist in monitoring to ensure that internal controls are updated according to changes to business (process changes; expansion; acquisitions; system implementations)
7. Assist business partners with developing and executing remediation plans and track and monitor progress against agreed upon timelines
8. Cultivate a close relationship with Internal Audit and team
9. Identify transformation and change in accounting/finance processes and systems
10. Interact with accounting teams around the world
11. Create presentations for senior management
12. Make decisions guided by established policies and procedures
13. Other duties and responsibilities as needed
* BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
* CPA Required
* Minimum of 3 years of experience and a strong understanding of US public company requirements such as SOX, US GAAP and SEC Reporting
* Experience with designing and implementing internal controls in a SOX organization
* Strong understanding of operational accounting processes and best practices is preferred
* Experience with testing operational effectiveness of controls in a SOX environment
* Ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the organization
* Experience working directly with internal and external auditors
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Capable of working and excelling in a changing and challenging environment
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
* Willing and able to travel at times (estimated minimum of 15% to 20%), including internationally.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Analyst, Financial Compliance in Knoxville, TN to join our team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.