Senior Analyst Adv & Consumer Insights
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc is looking for a consumer insights research professional to join our New York team in the role of Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Research. This position will play an integral role on the Advertiser Insights & Effectiveness Solutions team which oversees custom research executed in support of Discovery, Inc. ad sales efforts, across all platforms and across all properties (e.g., Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID and more!). The role is predominantly tasked with creating marketing “stories” to convey the value of advertising with Discovery from a campaign case study or advertising category perspective via primary research findings and/or secondary and syndicated data. Secondarily, this role will provide support on the management, execution and reporting of primary research studies executed via 3rd party vendor or proprietary research panel.
1. Synergize primary research findings with secondary and syndicated data (i.e., Simmons, MRI, Kantar Futures, etc.) to create compelling narratives to educate our sales team and clients as well as convey the value of advertising with Discovery.
2. Develop market-level insights including market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive dynamics, with a focus on identifying growth levers.
3. Tap into Discovery proprietary research panel for advertiser-specific requests as well as general consumer insights research.
4. Assist in the management of third party research vendors in their execution of brand, sales and site visit (geolocation) lift studies (e.g., Kantar Millward Brown, Nielsen, etc.).
5. Support research, sales and sales marketing teams on strategic research and insights initiatives, projects as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Will have a minimum of 2-3 years of research and data experience in TV/media research at a media brand, television network or agency.
* Strong experience in either TV or Digital applications and other syndicated research tools (MRI, Simmons, Mintel, Kantar Futures, etc.)
* Capable of analyzing and compiling data from multiple sources, creative storytelling, data visualization and presentation development; Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Solid foundation in primary quantitative research, i.e., questionnaire development, navigating survey programming logic, reading and developing cross-tabulations, etc.
* Some experience with ad effectiveness (control/exposed) research, a plus.
* Superior project management skills- ability to prioritize among multiple brands and projects
* Ability to work individually and in a team setting
* Enthusiastic, eager and a positive attitude – a must!
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY