Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Research
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Ad Sales Research Analyst is responsible for leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data driven intelligence in support of advertising sales and marketing initiatives.
With direction from their manager, they will provide research data and insights including audience profiles and trends, competitor, market and industry intelligence.
Day to day responsibilities will be focused on utilizing multiple data systems and translating information into digestible insights in Excel and PowerPoint, so a high level of comfort with numbers and varied computer systems is necessary.
1. Partner with ad sales teams to produce actionable insights, compelling stories and persuasive network positioning
2. Position networks within the ad sales marketplace
3. Use analytical and syndicated research systems to produce relevant sales and network reports, analyses and presentations
4. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails and presentations
5. Ensure that research reports are consistent, accurate and timely
6. Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives
7. Collaborate with ad sales research colleagues to exchange relevant information and insights
* Thorough knowledge of Nielsen data and reporting systems; Lake 5 Media, MRI, Simmons, comScore, Nielsen Social, Tubular, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Kantar, SMI and E-Poll
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Ability to synthesize information and research data to ''tell a story'' with action-oriented implications.
* 3-5 years relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Interest in TV, media, advertising and/or entertainment industries
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent organizational skills
* Analytical thinker
* Eager to learn from and partner with colleagues on diverse projects
* Ability to work independently to fulfill requests from within and outside research department
nyc, new york city
This is an exciting opportunity to join the media research team that supports advertising sales efforts for Discovery Inc.’s leading lifestyle brands – HGTV, Investigation Discovery (ID), Animal Planet and DIY Network across all platforms including television, digital devices and social media.