Senior Accounting Manager
Discovery CommunicationsWarsaw, MZ
This was removed by the employer on 8/21/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Accounting Manager jobs in Warsaw-MZ
Search all Senior Accounting Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Accounting Manager?
Full Time Job
Senior Accounting Manager (French Market)
This role is responsible for the financial controllership of the Discovery French (including Eurosport SAS) business operations and legal entities supporting FP&A regional/local teams in this area. In addition, the role will be responsible for the financial controllership of business operations and legal entities of other entities within the EMEA region. The position will report into the Senior Director, EMEA and will be part of the Warsaw based Accounting/Controllership, working closely with Warsaw based GBS. This includes managing the financial close process, managing the service levels to FP&A and within the accounting function, managing external service providers (external auditors, outsourced accounting service firms and tax consultants) and leading new business projects, acquisition integrations and process improvements with the support of various business functions such as corporate tax and treasury.
This position is to ensure strong controllership and accountability of financial accounting reporting, statutory and regulatory compliance, an environment with robust controls and efficient processes, coordination of accounting, tax, treasury and other finance requirements for the Discovery French (including Eurosport SAS) entities and other entities in the EMEA region.
• Understand the French (and other EMEA) operations and activities, to effectively identify and communicate complex accounting analysis and decisions to FP&A and business teams;
• Develop strong working relationships with the EMEA Senior Director, EMEA controllers, the Warsaw based GBS team, and central & local FP&A teams.
• Be the connection point between business and Accounting/GBS and facilitate information requirements and process efficiencies;
• Manage the monthly close process for the Discovery French entities (and other EMEA entities)
- responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of accounting results and reporting (including US corporate reporting), including oversight of functional accounting team delivery into reporting results;
• Ensure timely consideration and assessment of local accounting implications of business transactions, and work with Technical Accounting team to determine US GAAP accounting positions of same;
• Understand the impact of accounting decisions on the overall reporting process for other support functions (e.g. IT, HR, Procurement, etc.) and ensure appropriate communication of same.
• Manage the day to day relationship, budget and service levels with outsourced accounting firms and external auditors across range of service requirements;
• Manage the preparation and delivery of quality, accurate (consolidated) statutory accounts;
• Manage SOX compliance requirements, including liaising with internal and external auditors.
• Lead the integration or implementation of any projects, acquisitions and divestments from an accounting perspective, ensuring appropriate communication, project management and issue identification/resolution to ensure project success;
• Interface with tax, treasury and legal department to address business requirements and statutory reporting compliance matters.
• Media or another large transaction volume industry experience
• Big4 experience considered to be an advantage
• Graduate in Finance, Accounting
• ACCA qualification or Polish CPA preferred (or equivalent)
• At least 8 years' experience in accounting
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and French accounting standards, including statutory requirements
• Good knowledge of French tax considered as advantage
• SAP FI experience with familiarity with the concept of management reporting
• Strong technical and analytical skills in financial analysis and Excel
• Self-starter and works well without immediate supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels
• Continuous improvement mentality
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Highly motivated
• Good team player