Discovery CommunicationsNew York, CA
Full Time Job
The TLC Programming team is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the TLC and Discovery Life program schedules to drive ratings, viewership and engagement across all platforms. Overseeing the schedule-and how it supports the broader network strategy-this team juggles myriad details in a fast-paced, ever changing environment, all while keeping the network running like a well-oiled machine. A creative team, we rely on a healthy balance of data, intuition and smart risk-taking, united by our singular love of all things TV.
Assist Programming department in a variety of areas including helping to develop and execute network programming strategies, overseeing the creation and input of the official program schedules for TLC & Discovery Life and managing processes involving various programming and multiplatform initiatives.
1. Manage the input of TLC & Discovery Life's official program schedule into Broadview as well as any updates to the schedule, ensuring all programming data is current and accurate.
2. Assist with development of programming schedules, including strategic planning and creative use of inventory.
3. Update and maintain all program inventory information (titles, episodes, descriptions, parental ratings, license dates).
4. Act as a liaison between scheduling and various internal departments to communicate schedule changes and field various requests for program information.
5. Serve as the point of contact for listing services, ensuring programming information is accurate and complete.
6. Participate in tracking and evaluating acquisition submissions.
7. Work with digital, production, MTP&O and marketing teams in support of on-air multiplatform initiatives and live events.
8. Track competitive schedule and alert management of notable trends.
9. Develop and execute programming and research projects as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
* Enthusiastic fan of TV and knowledgeable in social media.
* Candidate must be extremely detail oriented and able to work under tight deadlines.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational and prioritization skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Strengths should include flexibility, responsiveness, accountability, and creativity.
* Initiative and desire to learn new databases & technologies.
* Knowledge of DCI or comparable Scheduling and Inventory Systems preferred.
* Familiarity with Nielsen ratings a plus