Sales Service Executive
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/13/2021 12:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sales Service Executive jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sales Service Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sales Service Executive?
Full Time Job
The Sales Service Executive position is an integral role within the Ad Sales organization partnering with Atlanta Sales Leadership and Account Executives to support driving advertising monetization efforts within an assigned portfolio of Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. Provide the highest level of sales and client / customer service, in addition to developing strategic analysis and reporting during Broadcast Upfront, Calendar Upfront and quarterly scatter markets. Assist in new business development efforts for Ad Sales team as assigned including attending networking events, trade shows, prospecting and upselling existing clients via renewals, etc. Sales & Revenue responsibilies for a client/agency list via partnership with select AEs. Will develop strong internal relationships with Marketing, Research, Pricing & Planning and Commercial Operations to meet and exceed internal / external stakeholder expectations.
• End to end sales responsibilities for select multiplatform accounts, working with AE oversight on those accounts.
• Provide regular reports to Ad Sales regarding prospective sales orders, new prospect pipeline lists, forecasts, holes reports, excessive liability, production charge tracking and competition analysis.
• Prepare presentations for agencies/clients as needed and foster effective relationships with all external contacts.
• Cover Account Executive business while on the road, meeting clients, vacation or on maternity / paternity leave.
• Liaise internally with Sales Assistants, Pricing & Planning and Commercial Operations team on clients scheduling, billing, open inventory, etc.
• Assist Sales Leadership EVP, SVP and VP National Sales and assigned Account Executives with negotiating Upfront and Scatter deals with select advertisers.
• Provide detailed sales analysis including working with VP Ad Sales on determining high yield ad strategies, suggested pricing, packaging, etc.
• Track tentpole sales: targeted advertisers, pitch status, sellout status and communicate status to sales teams.
• Create and update all additional sales tools for their respective team i.e. program descriptions, external and internal program grids, one sheets, charts, etc.
• Partner with Integrated Ad Sales Marketing and Research team(s) to respond to RFPs; provide AE’s and VP Ad Sales updates on deliverables.
• Serve as a mentor to Sales Assistants and Sales Planners on assigned networks.
• Participates in special projects as assigned.
• Attend and provide updates in the Atlanta team meetings for both teams.
• BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of Sales Planning / Buyer experience preferably within Media / TV industry.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales.
• Proven experience compiling advertiser needs and preparing custom presentations to aide in closing business.
• Ability to listen well to client needs and partner with leadership and AEs develop advertising programs that exceed their expectations
• Think creatively, multitasker and ability communicate efficiently both internally and externally required.
• Excellent computer experience (Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Proficiency in Ideal and Freewheel highly desired.
• Must have legal right to work in the US.