Sales Service Executive
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Sales Service Executive position is an integral role within the Ad Sales organization partnering with Sales Leadership (EVPs, SVPs, VPs) and Account Executives to support driving advertising monetization efforts within an assigned portfolio of Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. Provide the highest level of sales and client / customer service to an assigned Sales Leader focusing on strategic analysis and reporting during Upfront, Calendar Upfront and quarterly scatter markets. Assist in new business development efforts for Ad Sales team as assigned including attending networking events, trade shows, prospecting and upselling existing clients via renewals, etc. Will develop strong internal relationships with Marketing, Research, Pricing and Commercial Operations to meet and exceed internal / external stakeholder expectations.
1. Provide regular reports to SVP and VP’s Ad Sales regarding prospective sales orders, new prospect pipeline lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
2. Prepare presentations for agencies/clients as needed and foster effective relationships with all external contacts.
3. Cover Account Executive business while on the road, meeting clients, vacation or on maternity / paternity leave.
4. Liaise internally with Sales Assistants, Pricing & Planning and Commercial Operations team on clients scheduling, billing, open inventory, etc.
5. Assist Sales Leadership EVP, SVP and VP National Sales and assigned Account Executives with negotiating Upfront and Scatter deals with select advertisers.
6. Provide detailed sales analysis including pool planning during the Upfront, work with VP Ad Sales on determining high yield ad strategies, suggested pricing, packaging, etc.
7. Track tentpole sales: targeted advertisers, pitch status, sellout status (i.e. auto wish list/DSC OPP TRACKER) and communicate status to sales teams.
8. Create and update all additional sales tools for their respective team i.e. program descriptions, external and internal program grids, one sheets, charts, etc.
9. Partner with Integrated Ad Sales Marketing and Research team(s) to respond to RFPs; provide AE’s and VP Ad Sales updates on deliverables.
10. Serve as a mentor to Sales Assistants and Sales Planners on assigned networks.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
* BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience.
* Must have a minimum of 1.5 years of Sales Planning / Buyer experience preferably within Media / TV industry.
* Demonstrate strong knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales.
* Proven experience compiling advertiser needs and preparing custom presentations to aide in closing business.
* Ability to listen well to client needs and partner with leadership and AEs develop advertising programs that exceed their expectations
* Think creatively, multitasker and ability communicate efficiently both internally and externally required.
* Excellent computer experience (Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint) required.
* Proficiency in Ideal, Broadway, Freewheel highly desired.
* Must have legal right to work in the US.
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA