Sales Service Executive - Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sales Service Executive (SSE) position is an integral role within the Ad Sales organization partnering with Digital Sales Leadership (EVP, SVP, Directors) and Account Executives to support advertising monetization efforts across the portfolio of Discovery’s US networks. Provide the highest level of sales and client / customer service to an assigned Sales Leader focusing on strategic analysis and reporting during Upfront, Calendar Upfront and quarterly scatter markets. Assist in new business development efforts for Digital Ad Sales team including but not limited to attending networking events, trade shows, prospecting, managing new business leads and upselling existing clients via renewals. The SSE is expected to develop strong internal relationships with Convergent sales, Marketing, Research, Pricing and Operations to meet and exceed internal / external stakeholder expectations.
1. Provide regular reports to SVP Digital Ad Sales / Directors Digital Ad Sales regarding prospective sales orders, new prospect pipeline lists, forecasts, and competition analysis. Work with Sales Directors and SVP to determine best reporting needs via Salesforce tools to drive business forward with actionable items.
2. Support Digital Sales Leadership with Upfront sales tracking, including collaborating with linear SSE’s across the bundles to track registrations.
3. Track tentpole sales including manage prospects/ pitches by industry and vertical, communicate sellout status, manage sales deadlines and develop actionable sales feedback loop with ASM and P&P when things don’t sell to determine YOY improvements to ad products and offerings.
4. Create, compile consolidate and update all additional sales tools in box for digital sales team including but not limited to Go-to-Market decks, ad products, benchmarking, program descriptions, one sheets, ad specs, prospect lists.
5. Manage and maintain process for incoming sales leads – learn to qualify, pitch and close business through this process, follow progress of accounts as they grow into strategic opportunities.
6. Serve as a mentor to Digital Account Specialists.
7. Participate in special projects as assigned i.e. assemble agenda for weekly sales meeting.
8. Act as fill in and back up support for Digital Account Executive business while on the road, meeting clients, vacation or on maternity / paternity leave.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of Sales Planning / Buyer experience preferably within Media / TV industry.
* Must have a positive attitude, be a team player and self motivated to go above and beyond responsibilities to help team close deals and make number.
* Demonstrate strong knowledge of the terminology and procedures in digital advertising sales.
* Proven experience compiling advertiser needs and preparing custom presentations to aide in closing business.
* Think creatively, multitasker and ability communicate efficiently both internally and externally required.
* Excellent computer experience (Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint) required.
* Proficiency in Salesforce, Operative, Freewheel highly desired.
* BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience
* Must have legal right to work in the US.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY