Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 9/3/2021 12:45:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sales Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Sales Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sales Manager?
Full Time Job
About Discovery Golf
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, the global leader in real-life entertainment and home of the Olympics in Europe, in partnership with the PGA TOUR.
The first-of-its-kind digital platform, which launched in January 2019, includes a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf's most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device
The new venture from Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience. More recently Discovery Golf aquired Golf Digest to build out its golf offering in the United States.
This role will be responsible for revenue generation from advertising and sponsorship on all Discovery's golf related properties across the world. Discovery's golf platform will include GOLFTV and PGATOUR.com & Golf Digest initially but could expland to include other properites.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop direct relationships with brands and agencies and build a portfolio of business. This will involve strategically identifying potential clients, developing a relationship, pitching advertising and sponsorship opportunities and closing business.
The role will be expected to lead on the development and relationship between GOLFTV, brands and media agencies to help maximise revenue across all properties. The ideal candidate will have a proven sales and agency background with experience in closing deals across Europe. Expereince selling digital advertising and or sponsorship is mandatory and experience selling sports media properties is preferred.
The candidate will also be tasked with growing GOLFTV's reputation and presence within agencies internationally. As a result, the candidate must have experience and existing relationships with major media agencies across the UK and or EMEA.
• Meet and exceed budgets for the advertising and sponsorship sales Discovery Golf business
• Responsible for reporting all relevant sales data and market info to Sales Director as agreed
• Own tier one categories and develop Worldwide partner or international media deals within each deal
• Enable and encourage a team spirit among the sales team across all regions. Ensure continuous communication with regional and international Discovery ad sales teams (e.g. Golf Digest) and the sharing of client and market info.
• Delveop Discovery awareness and relationships with pan-european agencies ensuring Discovery Golf is front of mind with upcoming RFPs.
• Maintain personal relationship with selected agencies and clients through continued account management.
• Ensure all deals are in keeping with Discovery brand values
• Good knowledge and understanding of the media industry
• Previous experience and knowledge of EMEA market
• Previous experience in direct selling to clients
• Previous experience and relationships with media agencies
• Previous experince of building and maintaing a wide agency network
• Proven track record of closing large sales deals successfully either direct to brand or with agencis
• Demonstrable ability to achieve revenue growth targets through creative sales techniques
• Excellent people management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet demanding deadlines and financial targets
• Driven, self-motivated and high-energy individual
• Ability to think strategically within the area of responsibilities and beyond
• Strong negotiating skills in business and partnering contexts
• Ability to network and develop long term relations with business partners
• Understanding of branding, communications and ad sales process
• Interest in Golf is preffered.