Discovery CommunicationsBirmingham, MI
Full Time Job
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery is the entry level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multiplatform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science, Motor Trend Network & Magnolia Network.
1. Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing and Direct Response.
2. Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, asset coordination for digital campaigns, etc.).
3. Execute all client orders across multiplatforms insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
4. Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
5. Work with Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
6. Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
7. Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
8. Perform other tasks as directed by Account Executive.
* Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
* High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
* Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
* Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills
* Detail oriented and team player
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
* Ability to work overtime with short notice
* Previous related experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com