Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery is the entry level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multi platform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
• Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing and Direct Response.
• Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, asset coordination for digital campaigns, etc.).
• Execute all client orders across multi platforms ensuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
• Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
• Work with the Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
• Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
• Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and the billing department.
• Perform other tasks as directed by the manager.