Discovery CommunicationsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery is the entry-level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multi platform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
1. Maintain campaigns within contract management systems.
2. Interface with Digital Account Specialists/Senior Digital Account Specialists and Ad Operations team(s) regarding campaign scheduling, optimizations, and re-allocations.
3. Schedule flight changes, makegoods and monitor campaign delivery across Discovery Digital websites, social platforms and TVE / VOD for assigned accounts.
4. Gather campaign delivery data weekly and monthly leveraging internal and external reporting tools.
5. Complete client facing reporting templates.
6. Partner with and shadow Digital Account Specialists/Senior Account Specialists to gather campaign assets from clients, agencies and internal teams.
7. Maintain files of campaign screenshots / proofs of campaign launches for all placements.
8. Complete monthly billing and reporting requests as assigned.
9. Submit post-sale research/benchmark requests for wrap reports.
10. Shadow Digital Account Specialists on building Digital campaigns and aiding Account Executives in request for proposal responses with internal departments.
11. Participate in special projects and assignments.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field of study (advertising, communication, marketing, business, etc.
* Previous internship experience in Media, Advertising Agency or Digital / Technology space highly preferred. Digital Media / advertising sales experience a plus but not required.
* Strong problem solving / analytical skills and computer literacy (specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint).
* Written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Detail-oriented, ability to complete large volume of work in a timely manner, ability to multitask.
* Ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
* Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting deadlines.
* Must have the legal right to work