Discovery CommunicationsChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 5/13/2021 5:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sales Assistant jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Sales Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sales Assistant? Job Summary
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery Communications is the entry level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multiplatform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery's US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
• Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing and Direct Response.
• Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, asset coordination for digital campaigns, etc.).
• Execute all client orders across multiplatforms insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
• Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
• Work with Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
• Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
• Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
• Perform other tasks as directed by manager.
• Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
• High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
• Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills
• Detail oriented and team player
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
• Ability to work overtime with short notice
• Previous marketing, sales or communications internships experience a plus
• Bacholor's degree highly preferred
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.