Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sales Assistant Advanced Advertising position at Discovery Inc is the entry level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multiplatform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Sales Directors, Sales Service Executives and Sales Planners on the Discovery Engage team. This team operates across the Discovery portfolio and executes on data-driven advertising opportunities.
1. Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations and Marketing and Billing.
2. Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, etc.).
3. Execute all client orders across Discovery portfolio insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
4. Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
5. Work with Sales Directors on campaign specification materials, deadlines and approvals.
6. Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
7. Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
8. Perform other tasks as directed by manager.
* Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
* High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
* Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
* Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills
* Detail oriented and team player
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
* Ability to work overtime with short notice
* Previous related experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
new york city, new york, nyc, ny