Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2020 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sales Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sales Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sales Assistant? The Sales Assistant position at Discovery is the entry level role to get you on the path to becoming an Account Executive within media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. For more information, please visit our website and follow us across social platforms.
1. Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Direct Response, Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing.
2. Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, etc.).
3. Execute all client orders insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
4. Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
5. Work with Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
6. Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
7. Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
8. Perform other tasks as directed by manager
* Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
* High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
* Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
* Strong customer service skills and problem solving skills
* Detail oriented and team player
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
* Previous related experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York, New York City, NYC, NY This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.