Sales Assistant- Direct Response
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2023 6:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sales Assistant- Direct Response jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sales Assistant- Direct Response postings
Full Time Job
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery is the entry-level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multi platform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
Assist with general support functions and account maintenance for the Account Executive and all others as directed by Sales Management
• Assist Direct Response Account Executive in coordination & execution of media schedules and account maintenance.
• Input orders, process revisions, verify and disseminate contracts, across various software platforms.
• Organize contracts and corresponding files.
• Act as liaison between Comm. Ops and Account Executive.
• Work directly with Inventory Management to best fill weekly inventory.
• Work directly with Sales Planner and Account Executive to help maximize revenue.
• Prepare and distribute sales materials and media kits.
• Candidate must have strong computer experience (word processing, graphics, excel, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong customer service skills
• Should be organized, detailed oriented and a strong ability to multi-task
• Previous related experience a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $38,423 -$71,357 salary per year.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com