Regional Resilience & Sec Mgr Americas
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Business Resilience and International Security is part of the Global Facilities, Real Estate and Security (FRES) Team. It is responsible for developing and managing cross-division and cross-regional programs that ensure the company has mitigated the risks to staff and assets as far as possible and is prepared to respond to incidents and crisis events around the world.
The Regional Resilience & Security Manager – Americas, is responsible for ensuring Discovery offices in the Americas region have appropriate crisis and business continuity plans, ready to respond to incidents and events, to keep staff safe, our business running, assets secure and our reputation intact. This post will lead on physical security for our offices in the South America region by working closely with Discovery Facilities staff and assist other Corporate Security staff (when required) with security in the North America region. This position will also develop strong relationships with Executives, Country Managers and other staff based around the Americas region. The role holder will be a knowledgeable resource in the event of any crisis or threat of crisis.
This position is based can be based in Knoxville, Tennessee, Miami, Florida or NYC.
1. Be a security subject matter expert.
2. Be responsible for Discovery’s overall security in the South America region.
3. Identify, vet, onboard and work closely with security systems integrators in the South America region.
4. Identify, vet, onboard and work closely with existing and new security response companies in the South America region.
5. Review and manage the office security systems in all offices in the South America region.
6. Lead the collection of data for the Crisis and Business Continuity (CBC) plans in the whole of the Americas region.
7. Lead the collection of data for the office level Business Impact Analysis (BIA) in the whole of the Americas region.
8. Carry out training sessions, using table top exercises, to the whole of the Americas region Incident Management Teams (IMT) and to other staff for travel safety.
9. As required, consult with and provide advice and guidance to Production Managers and regarding risk mitigation and incident/crisis response.
10. Work closely with the Office Managers, Country Managers and Corporate Security Team to advise on other risk mitigation strategies.
11. Be part of the Discovery staff high risk travel approval process.
12. Manage and oversee locally employed guard forces in the South America region.
13. Carry out Facility Risk Assessments in the South America region offices on a rotational basis.
14. Deploy as required anywhere in the world to support the wider team at major events, such as the Olympics. This can, occasionally, include extended deployments of up to a few weeks.
* Practical experience of Incident/Crisis Response.
* Practical experience of access control security measures, specifically in planning installations and overseeing integration.
* A thorough understanding of global threats and risks and how they may impact Discovery activities.
* A self-starter capable of working either independently or as part of a team.
* Strategic thinker with a firm understanding of the balance between business and security in a thriving, creative media company.
* Ability to build and manage relationships, and instil confidence, with Discovery executives and business partners at all levels and in all cultures.
* Ability to travel depending on the business needs.
* Experience of delivering training in security related matters.
* Prepared to work extended hours, sometimes at short notice, to assist in responding to an incident.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Working knowledge of the 3-tier system of crisis response; strategic, tactical, operational.
* Degree educated.
* International operational risk mitigation experience.
* Leadership experience in the military, Government and/or law enforcement preferred.
* High literacy, lateral thinking skills and a solutions approach to any problems.
* Excellent English language oral and written skills with the ability to speak additional languages relevant to the Americas region an advantage.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN