Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel, is searching for a Recipe Tester in New York, NY to join our Food Network/Cooking Channel digital team.
1. Prepare ingredients for recipe testing.
2. Test and evaluate original recipes for accuracy and method.
3. Evaluate recipes for taste, as well as, consumer and brand suitability.
4. Adjust and modify recipes as per supervisor instructions and tasting panel feedback.
5. Keep detailed and accurate notation of the testing process.
6. Input all procedural recipe changes in the computer and maintain records of testing
7. Ability to do culinary research as needed for recipe success.
8. Write recipes in the proscribed Food Network Kitchen style
9. Maintain an orderly, professional, and sanitary work station.
10. Produce shopping list for all testing that are sensitive to both costs and broad market consumer availability.
11. Store and handle all food products for testing to maintain maximum freshness and shelf life.
12. Manage photos as needed of tested recipes
13. Maintain accurate records in Food Network Magazine website
* Basic Culinary knowledge, including but not limited to: Contemporary and Regional American Cooking, French Cuisine, Italian, Basic Chinese, Japanese, and SE Asian, and Mexican Cuisine
* Understanding of the fundamentals of baking, including but not limited to: Quick Breads, Cakes, Cookies, Pastries, Bread Baking, and Chocolate, and Decorating
* Fundamental food styling knowledge
* Knowledge and mastery of industry standards for food safety and sanitation
* Basic Recipe writing
* Time Management and coordination skills
* Organization and planning skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY