Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel, is searching for a Special Projects Recipe Editor in New York, NY to join our Food Network/Cooking Channel digital team. The person in this role will edit, manage and produce culinary content for direct-to-consumer products and will be a key player in the success of the brand's digital strategy.
Reporting to the Food Network Culinary Editorial Director, the recipe editor will work collaboratively with members of the culinary, editorial and digital product teams to ensure deadlines are met. This candidate will also develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Discovery enterprise teams and the Food Network/Cooking Channel programming teams in Knoxville, TN and New York City, NY.
1. Manage deliverables for the creation of direct-to-consumer products, including recipes, acquired assets, live productions and other original content.
2. Oversee a fast-paced schedule with multiple daily deadlines.
3. Edit and adapt recipes to multiple formats according to Food Network brand styles.
4. Input recipes following established enterprise workflows.
5. Attach photos and capture related data (such as fielded data, metadata descriptions, tagging).
6. Write and edit content in the areas of cooking and general culinary topics; edit and adapt existing culinary IP.
7. Provide a sound culinary viewpoint for association of culinary content with other assets.
8. Collaborate with the digital team to align on major brand initiatives and to support cross-platform opportunities.
* 4 years recipe editing experience.
* Culinary degree or relevant culinary editorial experience.
* 3 years Test Kitchen experience or related consumer culinary editorial experience.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
* A strong editorial background along with experience in digital entertainment/lifestyle media, digital platforms and content management systems (mobile, social, etc.), and an understanding of product development.
* A food lover with knowledge of and passion for trends, health, cooking and dining out.
* Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
* The ability to coordinate and prioritize a large and diverse workload to meet deadlines.
* You're able to work independently and proactively and have the ability to assess and prioritize information.
* Strong writing skills, to fit the voice of the overall brand/product strategy.
* A broad understanding of online recipe content and metadata strategies.
* The ability to manage and thrive in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
* Knowledge of primary research, writing, editing and copy style.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY