Real Estate Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
The Real Estate Analyst is a multifaceted role that spans lease and property administration, business and project analytics and general support for the team. The analyst will oversee lease and property administration for 20 leases with over 2M sf including, rent processing, land lord relationships, and the maintenance of lease systems and tools. The analyst will also administer subtenant leases, rent charges, payments, sublease compliance, and subtenant relationships. Under supervision the analyst, will be responsible for keeping real estate portfolio statistics, trend and cost analysis, in order to assist management with making informed decisions on space and real estate projects. The Analyst will provide the team in our day-to-day operations and projects and provide administrative and business support to the Sr. Director.
1. Maintain the process and tools to effectively manage the US portfolio of real estate leases providing an accurate view of the company's US real estate assets.
2. Maintain lease/property administration systems that ensures the accuracy of records and provides a timely review of notifications outlined in the lease agreement.
3. Oversee rent payment processing system that ensures accurate and timely monthly submittal and issue. Review and process operating and tax escalations for accuracy and proper payment.
4. Oversee sublease administration and relationship with subtenants. Oversee the processing of sublease monthly rent statement ensuring accurate and timely monthly submittal and issue. Reconcile sublease statements against master landlord statement, annual escalations, and operating and tax escalations. Track payments and insure timely receipt and proper application to budget.
5. Working closely with Director, Real Estate Operations and accounting, provide lease and sublease relevant information and validate abstraction and accounting treatment of US real estate lease and subleases.
6. Provide data analysis and verification from lease admin portfolio; assembling and manipulating data for presentations for reporting to leadership and internal clients.
7. Provide administrative support to enable the department to function effectively and efficiently on an operational and project basis. Liaise with business units, chase information, trouble-shoot, resolve issues, lead and/or support staff communications and generally support Sr. Director.
8. Take ownership of all client-facing communications and activities, including drafting presentations for Sr. Director.
9. Provide direct-line management support to the Sr. Director including acting as point of contact for all internal and external contacts, clients and service providers.
10. Manage Sr. Director schedule to ensure all regular/recurring meetings are scheduled and attended, conflicts mitigated early and resolved. Schedule organize and coordinate meetings for Sr. Director and providing any relevant information.
11. Make travel, transportation and hotel arrangements, arrange travel itineraries, and manage logistics of any participating travel/frequent flyer/traveller schemes for Sr. Director.
12. Prepare, submit and track monthly expenses reports for Sr. Director.
13. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience. Minimum three years’ experience in Corporate/Commercial Real Estate, administrative support, and/or Financial Planning (or combination thereof).
* A solid understanding of Operations, Lease Administration and Real Estate Financial and Accounting Principles a plus.
* Strong proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, focus on excel required and design/publishing skills a plus.
* Strong proficiency in spreadsheet and other analytical techniques.
* Previous experience in SAP and other financial systems a plus.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to break complex issues into manageable parts, establish priorities among multiple tasks and work collaboratively with team members to achieve common goals.
* Strategic thinker – ability to analyze projects and activities in a strategic way to contribute to discussions/advise on best way to proceed
* Experience of dealing with high-level senior executives, conveying professionalism, courtesy and a customer-focused attitude
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through clear and concise reports, meetings and calls and one-on-one dialogue.
* Ability to work independently and produce excellent results in a highly dynamic work environment.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in working collaboratively and cross-functionally within the organization in order to execute tasks under tight deadlines, demonstrating sound “relationship management” skills both within and external to the organization.
* Must be exceptionally organized, structured, methodical, and attentive to detail and possess a high-degree of follow-through.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD
The team leads the acquisition, planning, design, construction and outfitting of multi-million-dollar facility enhancement projects as well as workspace management for the domestic US office portfolio. The team is part of the wider global organization – Global Real Estate Planning & Development - which manages space across the global portfolio of 82 offices in 36 countries worldwide.