Quality Assurance Engineer I
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/19/2021 1:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Quality Assurance Engineer I jobs in New York-NY
Search all Quality Assurance Engineer I postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Quality Assurance Engineer I? Job Summary
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
We are hiring quality assurance engineers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for test automation (QA-as-a-Service), strike a balance between test coverage and test quality, architect and code automated tests across multiple delivery pipelines, and establish best practices & processes which improve developer efficiencies and product quality.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having worked with multiple cross-functional teams and test activities as part of the overall product release pipeline. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
1. Scope & Complexity: You are able to take documented designs prepared by more experienced engineers and contribute code to implement the design working solo or with other engineers together.
2. Decision Making: You are responsible for your team’s software making decisions about how to implement to best achieve the desired outcome. The decisions you make prove that you are can write stable, product quality code and follow your team’s best practices for dev-ops tasks.
3. Execution: You have demonstrated the ability to use common industry tools for software development including but not limited to IDEs, build and continuous integration, source control management, code review tools, data storage services, and cloud infrastructure, and you are able to build software in a professional team environment delivered to production using these tools.
4. Operations: You are able to provide technical documentation describing your contributions and contribute enhancements to your team’s best practices
5. Influence: You influence the technical vision for your department through discussions with peers and your management. You are persuasive in influencing your peers through code reviews or design reviews.
6. Communication: You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams.
1. Knowledge of various test activities across release pipelines to promote artifacts from dev to prod, including unit testing, regression testing, cert testing, client testing, etc.
2. Experience driving test design and implementation
3. Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management that provides feedback and visibility to qualify & quantify test coverage.
4. Understanding of multiple test types including unit, functional, integration, end to end, security, performance, load, and ui tests.
5. Experience testing across different device types and operating systems such as Window, OSX, iOS, Android, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, Playstation, and WebOS.
6. Able to collaborate and work with development teams across multiple time zones and locations
7. Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
8. Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation.
9. Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
10. AWS, Selenium, Watir, JIRA, Testrail, Apache test tools, cucumber, Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, CircleCi, Appium, Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
11. Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.