QA Automation Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
We’re looking for a QA engineer to join our Emerging Platforms & Mobile Apps teams to help develop and execute repeatable test scenarios on our native mobile apps, voice, chat and connected TV applications. In this role, you’ll be working with our multimodal applications on Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Facebook Messenger along with our native applications on the iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms. You will be present during all phases of the product lifecycle to ensure that high-quality features are delivered. You will also work on creating automated and manual scripts, work with integrated build systems, and proactively identify issues for each set of deliverables/requirements to ensure they meet or exceed expectations.
Within your role, you’ll be working with a focused team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build new capabilities on voice-enabled, speakers, screens, and mobile devices - driving the future of digital interfaces that will make Discovery brands like Food Network and HGTV an indispensable part of people’s everyday lives. As a contributor on this team, you’ll be expected to execute manual quality assurance testing as well as write automated tests.
1. Create and execute integration and acceptance test plans to both manually test and automate future iterations of the products.
2. Contribute to our leading edge Quality Assurance team. Use our tools for QA testing and participate in workflows ensuring high-quality releases.
3. Investigate test and production failures, assist in root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality error reports.
4. Perform feature and API services testing across a wide span of platforms
5. Work closely with other quality engineers and product management and design to understand requirements. Verify functional requirements and regress test changes during Sprints. Manage manual testing if needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in quality assurance roles
* 2 years in quality assurance testing
* Excellent communication and coordination skills across multiple teams
* Strong writing and documentation skills
* Experience with Jira or other bug and issue tracking tools, Git or other Source Code Management, and Agile development is a plus.
* Ability to specify acceptance criteria for a product and write tests around acceptance criteria
* Experience in supporting a high-traffic web or mobile applications is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
knoxville, tennessee, knox
Discovery, Inc is the leader in global real-life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, Genius Kitchen, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. Our Digital Studios team develops experiences on web, mobile, and voice that reach millions of users each day - inspiring them with ideas and tools to create their own unique world.