Project Manager - Data Reporting and Visualization
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Project Manager – Reporting and Visualization will be responsible for helping the Digital Analytics and Insights group gather requirements, source data, and deliver reports and compelling visualizations to key stakeholders across the global Discovery organization. You will work with various functional groups to gather requirements, design relevant reports and dashboards and continually improve Business Intelligence.
• Leads discussions throughout all phases of the Business Intelligence design lifecycle
• Plans, manages and keeps control over key project milestones, metrics and effectiveness
• Ensures objectives and scope are clearly defined and understood by stakeholders and Analytics team
• Effectively manages internal communications in both verbal (team meetings) and written (status reports).
• Collaborates with other BI leads throughout the organization to coordinate tools and methods.
• Ensures appropriate access and training is supplied to relevant end users
• Runs project post mortem analysis to capture improvement ideas for future projects.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management or similar discipline
• 2 years of experience in BI analytics project management and leading teams in a virtual / global or structured organization
• Must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating with others
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, work ethic and the ability to work well individually as well as leading cross functional project teams
• Understanding of design principles and aesthetics of business dashboards and reports (i.e. look and feel)
• Basic data modelling and database design understanding including experience in SQL server and DataStage development
• Experience with BI visualization tools and their implementation, ideally Tableau or PowerBI
• Understanding and experience with big data technologies and platforms is highly desired
• Prior experience in design, development and deployment of BI applications
• Functional experience across a range of commercial business processes with an emphasis on personalization & revenue management and marketing data integration is a plus
• Experience in Media is a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States