Project Lead, Scheduling & Post Ops
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Facilitate, coordinate and manage all Edit Scheduling and Post-Production requests for the Network Marketing, Production and/or Programming teams, as well as corporate projects. Act as a liaison between Network Production teams and Production & Creative Services as well as GT&O partners for the facilitation of all post-production related needs. Ensure that all promos and programs are delivered on time to the Broadcast Center for air.
1. Schedule and coordinate all Edit & Audio resources (including personnel). This includes all aspects of post-production process: providing ScheduALL project numbers, requesting Editors or Mixers, confirming Edit & Mix sessions and updating session information.
2. Manage the Post Production work for promos and programs (i.e. on-air and off-air spots/promos, topical promos, promo menus, program compressions, reversions, repackages, reformats, special projects, stunts, live events, corporate projects etc.)
3. Proactively build and nurture relationships with Network Marketing, Production, and Programming teams as well as Discovery corporate business depts., including Ad Sales. Act as primary client contact for Post-Production needs across multiple client businesses and departments.
4. As point person, vet incoming special projects for feasibility, raise concerns, if applicable, and work with Supervisor to create plan of execution for said project in order to meet client objectives.
5. Maintain an updated Post Production calendar and edit tracker for all on-going DCI projects.
6. Oversee and ensure valid budget codes/project numbers are assigned for each project(s). Create ScheduALL projects for Edit and Audio sessions.
7. Liaise with vendors and internal partners on timely delivery of media. Work with internal partners to identify assets that have been centrally ingested and archived. Manage program materials through the Technical Evaluation process and schedule necessary Edit sessions to fix issues in house.
8. Communicate specific needs for each, Edit or Mix session to assigned editor or mixer prior to and during the session. Includes Edit suggestions, credit lists, scripts, etc. Address any logistical or technical challenges prior to project start date.
9. Manage designated workload for assigned Editors and Mixers (day and night).
10. Work with Editors and Media Manager on reserving, archiving or deleting necessary project media.
11. Gather all necessary materials/sources for each Edit/Audio session - credits, music, narration, graphics, additional footage, etc.
12. Schedule and project manage Edit/Audio/compression sessions
13. Ensure prompt delivery of all assets needed for broadcast by conducting missing asset cross checks and coordinating after-hours fixes for assets when needed.
14. Monitor, track, verify, and troubleshoot ALL short and long form transcodes/transfers to ensure broadcast deliveries via (Mediaflex, Media Shuttle, Vantage, Signiant, etc.,) on daily basis.
15. Communicate centralized reporting and/or critical information to internal/external partners regarding project status and urgent deadlines.
16. Research the availability of file-based media and work with Media Manager to restore files for Edit/Audio sessions.
17. Work with Edit and Post Ops to push finalized file-based projects to archive.
18. Communicate new or updated Production & Creative Services as well as GT&O processes and procedures to corporate and network internal partners.
19. Work with the Business Operations department to lasso cost reports for Edit/Mix sessions and ensure proper billing of all projects. Help to resolve any billing or invoicing issues.
* Minimum of 3 years work experience required in Post-Production and/or business environment.
* Four-year college degree or equivalent experience required.
* Ability to work effectively and independently, as Management will be in separate region.
* Work schedule flexibility and accessibility after hours for continued project management.
* Detail-oriented, extremely well organized and self-sufficient in completing projects with little or no direction.
* Must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a team environment.
* Ability to accommodate flexible and dynamic work schedule.
* Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
* Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research and Outlook.
* Knowledge and hands-on Mediaflex and ScheduALL experience a plus.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY