Programmatic Partnership Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About the Role:
The Programmatic Partnership Manager role is a combination of direct selling activities and customer relationship management. You’ll be responsible for both growing existing programmatic business and closing new revenue from agencies, brands and select media partners across all Discovery digital and audience platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in TVE/FEP programmatic video sales as well as strong negotiating skills and marketplace relationships.
• Develop and maintain Agency Trading Desk strategy/business across Discovery’s Digital brands and platforms
• Present the full range of programming, audience, and inventory offerings via programmatic channels to agency clients and DSPs (Demand Side Platforms)
• Cultivate existing programmatic and reseller partner relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Work with Account Leads to provide guidance in the creation, implementation, and servicing of Private Marketplace deals with the digital sales team to drive programmatic revenue
• Work with Discovery Sales & Marketing to integrate programmatic offering into sponsorships packages that align with client objectives
• Collaborate on the strategic development of target accounts based on historical relationships and market trends
• Sell display inventory through agency trading desks and private marketplace deals.
• Prospect and identify New Business and set-up strategic meetings
• Coordinate High Level Agency & Client Meetings and Roadshows
• Work closely with Discovery’s Programmatic Yield Manager to execute sold campaigns
• Fluently represent Discovery's programmatic offering in the marketplace
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of strong programmatic sales background, with a video focus and demonstrated ability to develop client relationships and key decision makers
• Strong understanding of the technology side of video monetization via programmatic channels
• Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position Discovery’s suite of digital networks against competing digital entities, as well as other advertising vehicles is required
• Experience preparing and delivering quality presentations in response to RFPs
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and perform well under pressure
• Great communication, influencing and follow up skills required.
• College degree required; must be able to travel approx 15-20% of time.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery's Programmatic Partnership Sales team is responsible for driving digital revenue from new and existing SSPs and DSPs across all digital platforms including Discovery , digital video/TVE, our websites, social platforms, and a select group of media partners. Our inspiring brand safe environment leads consumers to action at scale and partner with our team to ensure a seamless buying experience.
Our team will challenge the processes, think outside the box and provide the best in class programmatic solutions. The successful person will have demonstrated experience driving outcomes with programmatic ad campaign metrics, analysis, and an understanding of the technologies behind programmatic monetization.