Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Program Manager Iv
The Direct To Consumer Group is a technology company within the broader Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container- based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks. (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, DPlay, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
Discovery’s Global Identity team have created an Affiliate integration platform to enable Discovery to build partnership deals with mobile phone providers, cable providers, internet service providers, and other companies to bundle our direct to consumer products with an affiliate product (e.g. phone service, cable package, internet subscription) in a shared account management solution where both companies maintain a relationship with this customer. This platform is being used by multiple Discovery business groups worldwide to fuel rapid customer acquisition through strategic affiliate partnerships.
Discovery is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our Affiliate Integration Team. We are looking for that rare candidate with exemplary written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to enforce processes, steer program roadmap and manage multiple projects at one time.
• The ideal candidate communicates clearly with both internal and external stakeholders, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, reviews metrics & data, and monitors operations within the Global Integrations Program.
• The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter, has the ability to oversee multiple complex programs and can drill into business data and research results to identify clear direction and focus for their tasks, projects and programs. They continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
• The ideal candidate has had experience working with multiple partners/ vendors, maintaining partner relationships while successfully driving delivery. They have demonstrated experience leading large complex projects and potentially multiple at once.
• They have experience in project management and agile development methodologies with a proven track record of delivering results.
• They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
• This role will be a key influencer in the team’s strategy and the ideal candidate will contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs and share your learnings and knowledge with the team.
• Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience in project management in the technology realm.
• Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple teams (product and technology) around the world
• Lead bespoke partner integrations with STB components
• Communicate clearly, analyze technical designs, organize project timelines, secure commitments, manage risks, identify the critical path, spot edge cases, triage bugs, review metrics and data, and monitor launch operations for large software projects
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs.
• You have a solid understanding of software development methods like CI/CD, Agile Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
• You have shipped multiple high impact projects and used data to assess their impact.
• You have experience with all phases of project delivery from concept to production, including defining features and deliverables, securing team commitments, establishing a project charter, handling all communication and reporting, overseeing development & deployment, and performing retrospective assessment using data and key performance indicators.
• You have demonstrated the ability to make decisions for more than one project or program area showing that your judgment is fungible, and you must be able to handle more than one project simultaneously and successfully.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals.
• You MUST have experience with JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and Microsoft Suite of products.
• Travel is required (when it’s safe, due to the pandemic) both domestic and international averaging about 20%
• Must have the legal right to work in the country hired.
• Comfortable and experienced in leading project teams in a cloud and operations environment.
• Knowledge of operational practices, workflows, and support models for engineering teams.
• Understanding of incident management, release management, change management, and launch readiness.