Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Direct To Consumer Group is a technology company within the broader Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container- based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks. (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, DPlay, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
Discovery is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our team. We are looking for that rare candidate with exemplary written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to enforce processes, steer program roadmap and manage multiple projects at one time.
• The ideal candidate communicates clearly with both internal and external stakeholders, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, reviews metrics & data, and monitors operations.
• Strong self-starter and therefore can drill into business data and research results to identify clear direction and focus for their tasks, projects and programs.
• Continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
• Experience working with multiple partners and maintaining partner relationships and experience leading medium to large projects.
• Experience in project management and agile development methodologies with a proven track record of delivering results.
• Must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
• Key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning.
• Show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
• Experience in project management in the technology realm.
• Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple global teams (product and technology).
• Communicate clearly, analyze technical designs, organize project timelines, secure commitments, manage risks, identify the critical path, spot edge cases, triage bugs, review metrics and data, and monitor launch operations for large software projects
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs.
• You have a solid understanding of software development methods like CI/CD, Agile Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
• You have shipped multiple high impact projects and used data to assess their impact.
• You have experience with all phases of project delivery from concept to production, including defining features and deliverables, securing team commitments, establishing a project charter, handling all communication and reporting, overseeing development & deployment, and performing retrospective assessment using data and key performance indicators.
• You have demonstrated the ability to make decisions for more than one project or program area showing that your judgment is fungible, and you must be able to handle more than one project simultaneously and successfully.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals.
• You must have experience with JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and Google or Microsoft Suite of products.
• Must have the legal right to work in the country hired.
• Comfortable and experienced in leading project teams in a cloud and operations environment.
• Knowledge of operational practices, workflows, and support models for engineering teams. Understanding of incident management, release management, change management, and launch readiness.