Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/11/2021 12:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Manager? Position Summary
The Production Manager is responsible for protecting the networks’ and DCL’s bottom line by ensuring that content production across all platforms is performed to the highest industry standards, accurately representing the brand and editorial vision of the Network. Planning and oversight ensures that content is delivered to each DCL client according to the agreed budget and schedule, following the most cost efficient and technically appropriate production path and at the same time assuring full contractual compliance. Participate in departmental initiatives and taskforces.
• Manage multiple projects from development through delivery, advising on overall production plan and negotiating and monitoring production aspects of deal including budget, schedule and program materials.
• Compile project materials as assigned and work with project team to assess project priority, deal viability and editorial vision.
• Perform initial analysis of budgets, schedules and treatments, with Development.
• Perform overall production management role on all assigned projects, including assessing deal viability and structure through effective analyses of production budget, schedule and program treatment, and by developing and managing internal timelines and workflow to ensure timely delivery of shows.
• Provide vendor with all technical specs, clocks and credit requirements and advise on DCL technical and business standard operating guidelines, respond to vendor enquiries.
• Liaise closely with network on risk management and all practical aspects of production.
• Liaise with DCS for technical updates with respect to Media Flex & TE process.
• Strategically determine and advise on financial structure of deal, based on best practices.
• Update project status in HIVE and ensure all relevant internal stakeholders have access to latest information.
• Update all databases (Media Flex, HIVE, Project Systems) regarding deliverables received, TE information and payments.
• Serve as direct liaison for Development Department, for each network.
• Provide updated information to all parties regarding program delivery dates, TE results and receipt of final program materials.
• Maintain consistent and productive communication across all platforms and clients including Executive Producers, Scheduling, Marketing, Communications and International along with Corporate Operation counterparts ensuring all relevant deliverables and master delivery date issues are swiftly communicated.
• Ensure adherence to TE Technical Specifications.
• Liaise with Finance on the management of programming cashflow.
• Generate payment schedules and program materials exhibits.
• Supervise all milestone payments to external producers.
• Conduct on-site visits/ production system evaluation as necessary.
• Monitor contract compliance on budget and cost reporting.
• Supervise the review and delivery of program materials for contract compliance.
• Work on specialty departmental assignments that utilize individual areas of expertise.
Department Management Responsibilities
• Work with VP, Production Management to establish operational objectives, assignments and expectations for current staff.
• Support and carry through strategic initiatives of Production Management and help maintain a results oriented organization.
• Foster a culture of client-centered customer service and build and maintain relationships with key external and internal clients. Develop and maintain consistent and productive communication with the DCI Network executives along with Corporate Operation counterparts.
• Adhere to fiscally sound business practices to help control the department’s overhead expenses, DCL programming budgets and to protect DCL’s bottom line.
• Participate in the creation and implementation of consistent and standard policies and procedures for global Production Management Department.
• Support DCL overall planning by recommending cost effective options and suggestions to meet demands, priorities and future requirements of the company’s complex and dynamic needs.
• Work on specialty assignments that utilize individual areas of expertise and perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience at a Production Coordinator level, in television production, post-production, budgeting, and project management, or minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Production Manager.
• BS/BA in film and Production or related field or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of production logistics, rights issues, talent negotiations and current industry standard practices.
• Familiarity with production techniques and rights and clearances requirements.
• A self-starter who has the ability to prioritize resources among multiple concurrent projects
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Must be proficient with spreadsheet database applications including Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft and Word for Windows.
• Candidate must have the ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.