Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Discovery is on the hunt for a Production Manager to provide support to the Senior Production Manager for Discovery Digital Studios in managing budget, schedule and production needs for our Food Network Kitchen brand. Joining us at our Los Angeles, CA location, this production guru will perform a critical role in supporting the video production team with producing live and non-live cooking classes.
*Please note that this job will require working an adjusted schedule 5 – 7 days/week, including weekends and holidays.
1. Liaison with 3rd party production companies and internal production teams, following projects from development through delivery and launch for digital platforms.
2. Review and provide feedback on production budgets, schedules and deliverables
3. Set up on-camera talent and production vendors in payment system, track services rendered and process payments.
4. Track production expenses, report actuals monthly to Senior Production Manager
5. Lead and attend weekly internal and external meetings, update team on scheduling changes
6. Facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
7. Clearly communicate anticipated and unanticipated problems and assist in troubleshooting and help resolve.
8. Ensuring general production guidelines are being followed for insurance, health and safety
9. Maintaining process documentation and finding efficiencies
10. Support Senior Production Manager in logistical planning and administrative upkeep
11. Support requests from the executive team
12. Explain production and technical standards, financial, insurance, production and safety requirements, as well as delivery requirements to 3rd party production companies
* You have 3-5 years of experience in production management working on short, mid, and/or long form content for a TV network or digital lifestyle brand. Live TV is a plus.
* You have impeccable organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
* You monitor timelines and adjust your work as needed, prioritizing the most important pieces to achieve incredible success in a fast-paced, startup-style environment
* You have excellent communication and follow-up skills and are capable of working on multiple projects in various stages of production
* You shine with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates
* You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
* You understand TV and Digital formats, terminologies and practices
* You understand postproduction workflows with strong working knowledge of all digital file formats
* You have no problem navigating production logistics and current industry standard practices.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Los Angeles, LA, LAX, California, CA