Production Facilities Coordinator
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
Full Time Job
The London Technology Hub Production Coordinator provides logistical and coordination support to the broadcast facility production team based out of the London technical hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Within the role you will supply administrative support to several teams within the GT&O department ranging from the gallery teams on production days to the production operations management team. You will work in partnership with production colleagues to deliver outstanding, sporting content across the Nordics and the UK.
This role will require occasional weekend and evening work, but predominantly standard office hours will apply. Flexibility is key and from time to time there may be a requirement to work on location internationally.
• Support the production facility’s team in all aspects of event planning and execution of the live broadcast events
• Update and maintain production calendars, diaries and scheduling software on behalf of the production operations team
• Manage the event calendar to ensure an up to date resource of upcoming events
• Work in conjunction with the Production Facility Manager to maintain and update the staffing roster, ensuring the adequate levels of cover are in place for holidays, sickness and training
• Deliver monthly freelancer cost breakdowns
• Coordinate with production facility supervisor best use of staffing resources to support the facility and upcoming client’s requests.
• Organise training of new freelancers and onboarding to relevant systems.
• Coordinate logistics including flights, ground transport & accommodation for Production teams and management when required
• Support external contributors to navigate corporate systems, to ensure smooth workflows on site.
• Support on site gallery teams with ad hoc task requirements during production days.
• Deliver monthly updates on facility utilisation
• Create purchase orders, manage invoice submissions, process department expenses & track payment milestones
• Support with boarding of new freelancers on to finances system
• Maintain positive working relationship with all suppliers to support Discovery Eurosport’s interests
• Actively ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies
• Work collaboratively with other GT&O organisations i.e. MAM, Ingest, Engineering, MCR, Programming, OAP, Preview Team and Transmission ensuring working relationships and communication are of the highest standards
• Actively monitor and seek feedback on performance of the facility and services and promote improvements in customer service
• Contribute to the development of training plans to deliver staff and freelancer training requirements as necessary
• Support with the rollout of new system and software developments for the facility
• Promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to support an efficient and effective department.
• Other duties as required
• Experience working in live, multi-sport event production
• Strong knowledge relating to television & digital production
• Experience of managing logistics of live events
• Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
• Self-motivated & strong problem solving approach required
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Live gallery experience preferable - script supervision / PA experience would be of benefit
• Working knowledge of scheduling systems
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative with confidence
• Strong team player with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire others with solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive in troubleshooting, problem solving and avoidance of issues
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment
• An interest in sport and sporting outputs