Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2023 9:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Coordinator jobs in London-UK
Search all Production Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Eurosport is seeking a Production Coordinator, on a 6 month fixed term contract to join its UK team. This role is responsible for supporting the Production Management team in delivering the day to day logistics across specific sports on Discovery’s Sport portfolio.
The Production Coordinator will work in a fast-paced production environment and be responsible for supporting Production Managers in their daily tasks together with support for up and coming live events and post production across the Discovery Sport portfolio. Over-communicating to keep everyone in the know every step of the way, will be crucial to this role.
The role will cover 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day to include weekend work when required. When working on live events hours and days may differ and be longer.
Under the direction of the Production Management team the responsibilities include:
• Responsible for coordinating the staff & freelance planning documents and rotas across multiple sports Productions.
• Support the central team coordinator in Producing an accurate edits & facilities document on a weekly basis allocating Production team, facilities & remote assigns to all our team including freelancers.
• Good communication is key to all parts of the business.
• Maintaining the Production Rota, allocating all staff and freelancers across each sport, allocating facilities and resources across each sport, inputting data across our internal systems.
• Plan and book worldwide travel and accommodation for all crew including hotels, flights, trains, taxis, hire cars etc well in advance to ensure cost efficiency and ensure these bookings are planned and communicated with the teams.
• Support Production Managers in Producing call sheets detailing all logistics around productions
• Attend fortnightly schedules meeting, make notes for the Production Management team and action all Production points
• Ensure all crew/freelance payments are processed and supported where required on our Fieldglass payment systems. Liaising with payment departments as/when necessary to ensure freelance and crew payments are processed and keep track of costs coming through to ensure accurate budget cost reconciliations for the department.
• Ensure all supplier POs are raised in a timely manner and maintain clear communication around all aspects relating to payment.
• Inputting relevant booking information onto our MediaPulse system when required.
• Deliver regular and accurate cost reporting to assist the Production Management team in keeping productions within budget.
• Assist the commentary department from time to time in the planning of events to ensure all sports under your remit are covered.
• Attend onsite Production shoots and events from time to time to support the onsite broadcast teams with an occasional requirement to Floor Manage.
• Articulate and clear communicator.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills, precise attention to detail and methodical approach to work
• Produce work of high quality that is checked prior to it leaving the department.
• Ability to multitask
• Time management - demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
• Enthusiastic and approachable disposition.
• Proactive, can-do attitude to work.
• Able to take the initiative and work without supervision.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and freelancers
• Availability to work flexible hours and days
• An interest in sport is desirable.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in the Television industry is required.